Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Klavs Klavsen <kl...@vsen.dk> on 2003/06/18 10:33:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Mass virtual hosting and mod_rewrite - how?

Hi guys,

I have setup a mass virtual host - using mod_vhost_alias directive
VirtualDocumentRoot. (the sites are under /www/<domainname>/) - and it
works fine.

However I would like to make simpleurls (as some of the sites are
Postnuke sites (with really ugly urls - incl. GET vars in the url).

I have about 30 rewriterules that look like this:
RewriteRule ([^/]*)/Page-([0-9]+)\.html$
$1/index.php?name=PagEd&page_id=$2 [L,NS]

But this doesn't work - as the requests are rewritten to
$DOCUMENT_ROOT/index.php... instead of $VIRTUALDOCUMENTROOT/index.php..

p.s. the DocumentRoot is /www.

How would you suggest I solve this? I have tried for many weeks to come
up with different solutions, and one gave me a tip of using PT flag, but
I don't see how :(

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - kl@vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk
PGP: 7E063C62/2873 188C 968E 600D D8F8  B8DA 3D3A 0B79 7E06 3C62
See my new hosting service at http://hosting.EnableIT.dk

Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child
who is carrying a .38.