Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by cnadukula <cn...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/14 18:12:01 UTC

Dead Letter Queue Expiry

Hi

We are using apache artemis version : 2.3.0 and wanted to see if there is
any setting that we can provide so after a certain period the dead Letter
queue is purged automatically? I noticed Apache ActiveMQ has a setting
called  <deadLetterStrategy> where we can discard DLQ messages after a
certain period of time or set an expiry date for those messages. Is there a
way we can do that for Artemis, perhaps a setting in broker.xml?

thanks,
Chandra

Re: Dead Letter Queue Expiry

Posted by cnadukula <cn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks you very much guys!!! how do i open a feature JIRA?

Re: Dead Letter Queue Expiry

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
That could maybe filter into a bounded queue feature. If the dlq is bounded
by time, if head of the queue is X milliseconds old drop it.
A bounded queue, bounded by size, memory usage, disk usage or time is a
very useful concept.

Re: Dead Letter Queue Expiry

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--