Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Voytenko, Dimitry" <DV...@SECTORBASE.COM> on 2001/02/22 22:19:09 UTC

Xalan J2 and SQL extension BUG again

Hi Scott,

In ColumnHeader class getNextSibling method calls: new Row(getXStatement(),
m_parent);
It looks like ResultSet.next() method hasn't been called before this line.
So JDBC driver throws exception as its position is before first row (see
JDBC reference). I've checked all next() calls occure in the Row class
method getNextSibling(). So probably easiest solution will be to call next()
right after ResultSet was open.
All my tests before I made with ORACLE and it doesn't throw any exceptions,
probably because it makes first next() implisitly or ?. But today I made
test with PostgreSQL driver and it gave me error.

Thanks,
Dmitry E. Voytenko

Re: Xalan J2 and SQL extension BUG again

Posted by Phil Friedman <pf...@terralink.com>.
I've seen extra but empty rows ahead of data at times, but I thought it was
my JDBC driver: Sybase JConnect 5.2 w/ SQL Anywhere, haven't had time to
try it w/ MS SQL Server and it doesn't happen with all queries.

Regards,  Philip Friedman -- Terralink Software Systems -- 207-772-6500 x101

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:19:09 -0800, "Voytenko, Dimitry" <DV...@SECTORBASE.COM> may have written: