Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Andrey Pokhilko <ap...@ya.ru> on 2015/05/27 12:55:45 UTC

FIleBody constructor regression

Hi,

I have a situation when upgrading from httpmime-4.2.6 to httpmime-4.3.1
(same for httpmime-4.4.1) causes regression. I'm using this constructor:

public FileBody(File file, String mimeType)

In version 4.2.6 there was a logic to set "filename" to file.getName().
In version 4.3.1 this logic was lost. This leads to situation when I
have to upgrade to 4.3+ because one of my libraries requires it, but it
breaks another library in my app, which relies on this auto-setting
filename. I have no control over both libraries source code.

I'm aware that the constructor above is deprecated since 4.3, but as I
understand deprecation, it does not imply breaking old behavior.

Hope I was clear with my explanations.

What would you suggest? Is this a regression of httpmime?

--
Andrey Pokhilko

Re: FIleBody constructor regression

Posted by Andrey Pokhilko <ap...@ya.ru>.