Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/10 22:39:11 UTC

New ODE Console

Hi ODErs,

during the christmas vacation I started with a new, AngularJS-based web
console for ODE, featuring not only listings of processes and instances but
also providing the ability to change variable values and to manually
recover activities.

Now the question is: Where to put it?

Currently the console is bundled with the WAR distribution. Since the new
console only uses the Webservice-APIs it can be deployed completely
independent, thus there is no need to bundle it directly with the WAR.

Another fact is the use of state-of-the-art frontend buildtools (gulp &
co), which may turn out to be cumbersome to integrate it into our server
build.

My current preference is to a) have a separate artifact for the console
that can be deployed on different servers than ODE and b) to put it even
into a seperate git repository, which would allow us (or makes it easier)
to release the console independently from ODE.

Now its your turn: What would you prefer?

Best,
  Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de