Posted to dev@orc.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> on 2016/12/09 20:45:40 UTC

Are there Java tests for the example orc files?

I was looking at the code base and notice there is a directory of “example” orc files used for tests, but I could only find usages of these in C++ tests.  Are there tests on the Java side that use these?

-dain

Re: Are there Java tests for the example orc files?

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
Yes and no. Most of those files were generated by the Java unit tests. In
particular, the TestOrcFile.*.orc files are generated and read by the tests
in TestOrcFile (or its cousin TestVectorOrcFile). There aren't any Java
tests that just read the files out of the examples directory, although such
a test would be good for ensuring that we don't break the reader.

.. Owen