Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ni...@arsoe-trelaze.com on 2003/06/19 15:45:06 UTC

Réf. : Using Snapshot Dependencies

Hello

When you use the SNAPSHOT version maven allway think you don't have the
jar in your local repositry so he try to download it. He look for an file
with SNAPSHOT version. So lastest version are name with this version too.

You probably don't have a file name jxta-SNAPSHOT.jar in the distant
repositry like http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/

"Moretti, Luciano (MED)" <Lu...@med.ge.com>
19/06/2003 15:28
Veuillez répondre à "Maven Users List"

        Pour :  "'users@maven.apache.org'" <us...@maven.apache.org>
        cc :
        Objet : Using Snapshot Dependencies

Hello-

I'm wondering if I'm misreading the documentation on snapshot
dependencies-

I have the following in my project.xml file-

<dependency>
   <groupId>JXTA</groupId>
   <artifactId>jxta</artifactId>
   <version>SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

To my understanding from reading the documentation this should pull the
"Latest Version" from the repository.  I get the response though-

WARNING: Failed to download jxta-SNAPSHOT.jar
The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied
dependency:
jxta-SNAPSHOT.jar

So it looks like it's trying to pull down a file named jxta-SNAPSHOT.jar
instead of pulling down the latest version (jxta-2.1.jar)

Am I doing something wrong? Can someone explain to me better how the
snapshot functionality is supposed to work?

Luciano Moretti