Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> on 2012/03/28 10:10:49 UTC

Target/Fix Version fields in Jira

Folks,

 Can I, please, ask committers to ensure that there is a 'single' fix-version set for each jira?

 Given our rules on committing to trunk first before other branches, please ensure you set the 'lowest' possible fix-version depending on the branches to which an issue is committed.

 Ideally, we should follow the same for 'target' version field too.

thanks,
Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Target/Fix Version fields in Jira

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
On Mar 28, 2012, at 1:10 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

>  Can I, please, ask committers to ensure that there is a 'single' fix-version set for each jira?

Uh, too late in the night - I guess that doesn't cut it.

Henceforth, please ensure it has one for each of the major branches (1.x.x & 2.x.x). Please do not bother with adding the trunk revision since it's implied.

thanks,
Arun

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.