Posted to dev@sdap.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/02 20:19:08 UTC

Re: [EXTERNAL] November Apache SDAP report draft

It’s not a release for Apache’s purposes because it hasn’t been through the signing/vote/publish/announce process. An Apache release is a legal and community action more than it is a piece of code. The software quality of the release (e.g. ‘alpha’) is irrelevant to Apache, but the process of creating the release is all-important.

Yes, I think you should remove the release from the report. If you do that I’ll amend my comments.

I am happy to work with SDAP committers on an Apache-style release. We can probably use the 0.4.5a56 tag as a starting point. A good starting point would be an email to the dev list with the subject “[DISCUSS] Towards release 0.4.5a56” asking when would be a good time for a release, volunteer for release manager, agree on a list of tasks, etc.

Julian

Posted by "Perez, Stepheny K (US 398F)" <st...@jpl.nasa.gov.INVALID>.
I removed the release from the report. I’ll also start that conversation regarding release 0.4.5a56. Thanks again!

Stepheny

From: Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 1:20 PM
To: dev@sdap.apache.org <de...@sdap.apache.org>