Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Szehon Ho <sz...@cloudera.com> on 2014/04/16 09:49:12 UTC

Submit Precommit jobs on temporary Jenkins

To unblock people with waiting JIRA's, I setup a Jenkins on my own EC2
instance to run precommit tests, as the Bigtop guys with authorization to
fix their Jenkins host are not available currently.

It is at the following location:
http://ec2-54-237-84-140.compute-1.amazonaws.com/job/precommit-hive/

I don't have permission to redirect JIRA's "Submit Patch" Auto-Trigger from
Bigtop Jenkins to my Jenkins, so please submit manually in the url if you
have a patch you want to test.  I have submitted a few JIRA's that have
been missed during the outage, and also granted all users permission to
trigger the job.

Steps:
1. Clicking 'Build with parameters' on the left
2. In the parameter box ISSUE_NUM, type the JIRA number part, like 6908.
3. Click 'Build'

This uses the existing PTest cluster to run the tests.  As soon as the
Bigtop Jenkins come back, we can switch back.

Hope this works and can help!
Szehon

Re: Submit Precommit jobs on temporary Jenkins

Posted by Szehon Ho <sz...@cloudera.com>.
Sure that would be great if you havent done so already.

Thanks, Brock!
Szehon

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,