Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Amit V Shah <as...@tagaudit.com> on 2004/11/05 16:45:43 UTC

java.lang.StackOverflowError

Hi all,

I am running the antelope sample application custom tailored to my needs on
tomcat 4.1.24. Normally it runs fine, but when I leave the tomcat up for
like a little more than overnight, it simply gives me

java.lang.StackOverflowError

and I have to restart tomcat. Is this a known issue with this version of
tomcat or anything like that??

Thanks,
Amit

Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError

Posted by Ben Gidley <bg...@gmail.com>.
I am afraid to say this is not a known issue with
Antelope/Turbine/Tomcat 4.1 . I have such a setup that has run for
weeks and does not have this issue.

I have seen hibernate do this with TreeCache - (that is not turned on
in Antelope by default)  - it can be fixed by upgrading to the latest
treecache (download it from JBoss.org not Hibernate).

Ben

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 10:45:43 -0500, Amit V Shah <as...@tagaudit.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am running the antelope sample application custom tailored to my needs on
> tomcat 4.1.24. Normally it runs fine, but when I leave the tomcat up for
> like a little more than overnight, it simply gives me
>
> java.lang.StackOverflowError
>
> and I have to restart tomcat. Is this a known issue with this version of
> tomcat or anything like that??
>
> Thanks,
> Amit

Thanks