Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by support <su...@kinetic-tech.com> on 2004/03/26 20:58:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Creating my own CA

Tried posting this message on the Mod_SSL and OpenSSL NG's but no luck
so thought someone here might be able to help...

I've got OpenSA (Apache w/openssl+modssl) running on a Windows platform
and am trying to create my own CA. I'm able to create a private key and
make a cert for that CA but can't use my CA to sign the CSR.

I see from the modssl docs the step by step but then the last step gets
to running the script sign.sh and, well, obviously Windows has some
problems running a .sh file. Every place I see on line mentions that
there's some strange requirements of the "openssl ca" command. Does
anyone know of some other approach to sign the CSR.

I've been messing with CygWin and Mac OSx and a few other things but it
seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through if I have to actually
'build' a *nix server just to sign my server cert.

Any help is always appreciated.

Kevin Ericson
Kinetic Technologies, Inc.