Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by stuffhere <st...@gamesys.co.uk> on 2008/08/27 16:50:16 UTC

Tapestry validation not showing

Hi

This is happening on all forms on my site, in all browsers.

I fill out the form with at least one correct field and one erroneous field
and hit submit - I see the tapestry error bubbles.  I then change the valid
field to be incorrect and without tabbing out of it hit submit - the
validation bubble for that field doesn't seem to display.

Is this a tapestry bug?  I've been looking into my code and can't seem to
find anything that would cause this behaviour, especially as the bubbles
display the first time around.

Re: Tapestry validation not showing

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Please always start a query such as this with browser type and
Tapestry version.  If you are using a -SNAPSHOT, be sure to clear your
browser cache (using Shift-F5 to refresh the page does a good job in
Firefox).

Obviously, this works for me and there are integration tests built
into Tapestry for this case, but there's a lot of room for error
validating client-side behaviors.

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 7:50 AM, stuffhere <st...@gamesys.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> This is happening on all forms on my site, in all browsers.
>
> I fill out the form with at least one correct field and one erroneous field
> and hit submit - I see the tapestry error bubbles.  I then change the valid
> field to be incorrect and without tabbing out of it hit submit - the
> validation bubble for that field doesn't seem to display.
>
> Is this a tapestry bug?  I've been looking into my code and can't seem to
> find anything that would cause this behaviour, especially as the bubbles
> display the first time around.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: Tapestry validation not showing

Posted by stuffhere <st...@gamesys.co.uk>.
Found the cause now - not a tapestry bug :)