Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by vbm <bm...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/07 07:55:17 UTC

Question on peer class loading

Hi,

I have a Ignite server running with 3rd partyDB (MYSQL). I have the below
configuration in xml file:

<bean id="dsMysql_DB"
class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource">
  <property name="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
   <property name="url" value="jdbc:mysql://10.x.y.z:8009/MYSQL_DB"/>
  <property name="username" value="user"/>
  <property name="password" value="passwd"/>
</bean>

<bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration">
* <property name="peerClassLoadingEnabled" value="true"/>*
</bean>
</beans>

On the server the jar for mysql jdbc driver is present iand the servers are
coming up successfully.
I have placed the mysql jdbc driver in a seperate folder and added it to the
path using USER_LIBS env.

Now if I try to start a client, with the same the xml (only extra thing is
the client mode part), the client ignite node doesn't start and throws below
error.

* org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationException: Property
'driverClassName' threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not load JDBC driver class
[com.mysql.jdbc.Driver]*

As peer class loading is enabled, I expect the client to get the class from
the server. Why is this not happening ?

RE: Question on peer class loading

Posted by Stanislav Lukyanov <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

peerClassLoading only works for Ignite’s Compute Grid – i.e. for the tasks you send via ignite.compute() calls.
Other classes, such as 3rd party libraries, need to be present on all nodes.

Stan

Cross posting to user list. dev list is intended for contribution related discussions.

Sincerely,

Fwd: Question on peer class loading

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,