Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Doug <sc...@comnet.ca> on 2001/11/15 02:04:27 UTC

Do not understand Cocoon2 documentation

I am still having problems getting a remote directory to work with Cocoon2.
I am wondering if it is because I am using Tomcat 4.01 with Cocoon2 which
the documentation says will not work.

Here's the section:
    Tomcat 4.0 versions prior to beta7 do not expose the servlet.jar file to
Apache Cocoon by default, so if you use any Tomcat 4.0 versions released
earlier than beta7, before you build the Apache Cocoon webapp you will need
to add the following to the Apache Cocoon servlet definition in the web.xml
file:
   <init-param>
    <!-- change param value to path to Catalina's servlet.jar -->
    <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>
    <param-value>path\to\tomcat\common\lib\servlet.jar</param-value>
  </init-param>

I am willing to try anything, but can someone please explain what is meant
by "    <param-value>path\to\tomcat\common\lib\servlet.jar</param-value>"??
I am using Windows98, so would the element be "<param-value>C:\Apache Tomact
4.01\common\lib\servlet.jar</param-value>"??

Re: Do not understand Cocoon2 documentation

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Doug wrote:

> I am still having problems getting a remote directory to work with Cocoon2.
> I am wondering if it is because I am using Tomcat 4.01 with Cocoon2 which
> the documentation says will not work.
>
> Here's the section:
>     Tomcat 4.0 versions prior to beta7 do not expose the servlet.jar file to
> Apache Cocoon by default, so if you use any Tomcat 4.0 versions released
> earlier than beta7, before you build the Apache Cocoon webapp you will need
> to add the following to the Apache Cocoon servlet definition in the web.xml
> file:
>    <init-param>
>     <!-- change param value to path to Catalina's servlet.jar -->
>     <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>
>     <param-value>path\to\tomcat\common\lib\servlet.jar</param-value>
>   </init-param>
>
> I am willing to try anything, but can someone please explain what is meant
> by "    <param-value>path\to\tomcat\common\lib\servlet.jar</param-value>"??
> I am using Windows98, so would the element be "<param-value>C:\Apache Tomact
> 4.01\common\lib\servlet.jar</param-value>"??

You're on the right track :)

Sorry, I'm not able to determine your problem (probably 'cause I have
not followed this thread so far).

Giacomo