Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org> on 2016/11/11 22:57:22 UTC

Fwd: Jenkins build became unstable: beam_PostCommit_RunnableOnService_FlinkLocal #813

This looks like it was introduced by the new commit mentioned here but it's
actually caused by a pre-existing (unknown) bug in the Flink runner:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-965.

I also have a fix ready.

Btw, how should we deal with these messages from Jenkins? I'm writing to
the dev list so that no-one else spends the energy for looking into this.

Posted by Dan Halperin <dh...@google.com.INVALID>.
Basically, what you did is perfect IMO. To pin it down,

I think I've roughly been following this procedure:

1. Notice break and email list "I'm investigating", maybe plus in some
relevant people.
2. Attempt to identify cause of break, file JIRA. If cannot diagnose
relatively quickly, file JIRA with request for help.
3. some communication, work, testing... a wild fix appears!
4. Review and merge.

Which is pretty much what you've done. So, thanks!!

Dan