Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mark Benussi <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2005/05/17 00:57:09 UTC

[OT] JSP custom taglib issue in duplicate environments

I have two environments with the same mysql DB, both running the same war on
tomcat 5.0 and I have a problem which I can only think may lie in my JSP
taglib and its extra info.

Essentially I call a tag three times in the same page, and depending on
taglib arguments the tag should display data between only one of the tags.

Instead on my live environment it's doing it at all the stages, this is
driving me barmy and if anyone has any experience with a similar problem
please let me know.

I can provide source if anyone wants to help me get my hands dirty. I almost
fell like I should be flushing my taglib after my doStartTag() as it seems
the data is being left in the page (My VariableInfo is all nested).

Yours desperately...

Re: [OT] JSP custom taglib issue in duplicate environments

Posted by Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com>.
Tag instances are sometimes pooled and reused by servers.  You should
reset your instance data at the right time (you determine which
depending on how you use your tags) or clear certain flags when
certain variables are set to certain values (affecting which section
should display).  Sorry for the vague explanations, but (a) it's been
a while since I've come across this problem and (b) how you reset your
values really depend on how you use your tags and how you use its
values when deciding to display data.

Hubert