Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Richard K Miller <ri...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/21 22:45:00 UTC

Merging my repository with the WordPress repository

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me on this Subversion
question.

We have a WordPress blog on our company site that I'd like to connect
with the official WordPress SVN repository instead of our own
repository.  However, the WordPress settings and media files should
still go to our repository.

Here's what I want:
/ourcompany  (our repository)
/ourcompany/blog/  (WordPress repository)
/ourcompany/blog/wp-settings.php   (our repository)

Here are things I tried:
$ svn checkout http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/tags/2.1/ /
ourcompany/blog/
svn: <path> is already a working copy for a different URL

$ svn switch http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/tags/2.1/ /
ourcompany/blog/
svn: 'http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/tags/2.1' is not the same
repository as <URL>

$ svn propedit svn:externals /ourcompany
	blog		http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/tag/2.1/
$ svn up
svn: Working copy 'blog' locked, svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks
$ svn cleanup
$ svn up
svn: Working copy 'blog' locked, svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks

I feel like I'm close but not quite there.  Any help appreciated.

Best regards,
Richard