Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by EM <em...@cpuedge.com> on 2005/09/24 19:07:05 UTC

HD question for large DB

What would be a good Hard Drive solution for a large DB. Once I get into
the range of 0.5 - 2 million pages doing anything with the DB becomes
slow. I have SATA disk with a sustained transfer rate of about 80MB/s.

What would it require if the DB is to contain 500 million pages? RAID?
RAID of 4 drives, 16 drives? Cheap drives, Large drives?
Can anyone who's been through this give me some pointers?

Please note that I don't need to use the same system for
indexing/searching, only for DB operations.

Regards,
EM