Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Bruce Jackson <Br...@myriadgroup.com> on 2014/04/28 22:39:29 UTC

Config admin and PersistenceManager

Hi Everyone

I¹m using Felix Configuration Admin with my own custom PersistenceManager
implementation, and I have a couple of questions which are unclear from
the docs:

1. The information here
(http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-config-admi
n.html) isn¹t really clear about the behaviour where no felix.cm.dir
property is set and there is a PersistenceManager in place. Is the
felix.cm.dir location actually used at all?

2. In my DS config for my PersistenceManager, I do not depend on any other
services apart from LogService. I export the PersistenceManager interface.
I have a test component that depends on ConfigurationAdmin and I notice
that I appear to be able to read/write to the ConfigurationAdmin service
before my PersistenceManager is actually up or bound by the
ConfigurationAdmin service. Is there any way to force ConfigurationAdmin
to wait for the PersistenceManager to become available?

Thanks

Bruce

*** DISCLAIMER ***

This message, including attachments, is intended solely for the addressee indicated in this message and is strictly confidential or otherwise privileged. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person) : - (1) please immediately (i) notify the sender by reply email and (ii) delete this message and attachments, - (2) any use, copy or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email messages of this kind, please advise Myriad Group AG by reply e-mail immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by Myriad Group AG unless otherwise indicated by an authorized representative independent of this message.