Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Delany <de...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/14 11:21:46 UTC

surefire process checker

hi. Is this issue considered "resolved" or just "closed"? I can't tell by
the discussion.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1631

I'd like to enable it without having issues in Windows.
Thanks,
Delany

Re: surefire process checker

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
It is disabled by default, see
http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#enableProcessChecker
For more info see
https://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/shutdown.html
We wrote the reasons why the parameter is disabled. Basically the Java GC
prolonged some periods, and so this feature cannot be guaranteed by the
plugin. You have to find the best option in the config since we cannot make
the best fit for your platform.