Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ponniah Mari <po...@yahoo.co.in> on 2003/06/26 06:56:22 UTC

Urgent Doubt!!!

hi,

I have a serious problem. I have developed a site using jsp and servlets, the server is tomcat 4.0. i uploaded the files with a DNS name provider.
now i cannot access any of the JSP and Servelt files. But the inetresting part is that its woriking fine in my local machine. Let me explain my dir structure

1. i put JSP' s under 'webapps/MyDir'.

2. Servlets and all the java classes under webapps/MyDir/WEB-  INF/classes/<my-package>

3. In my web.xml file i have only servlet mapping. I'll use this mapped names in JSP's to call the servlets. I am mentioning a tld file there

i dont know what the DNS people have done there in their server.xml file. Any way we have a seperate dir under webapps just like <MyDir>

I can access all the html pages and images. I mages are put under images dir in webapps/MyDir/images

please help me out asap. Thanks in advance

Regards,
P.Mari
SMS using the Yahoo! Messenger;Download latest version.

Re: Urgent Doubt!!!

Posted by Sriram N <sr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Ponniah Mari <po...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have a serious problem. I have developed a site using jsp and servlets, the
> server is tomcat 4.0. i uploaded the files with a DNS name provider.
> now i cannot access any of the JSP and Servelt files. But the inetresting
> part is that its woriking fine in my local machine. Let me explain my dir
> structure
>
> 1. i put JSP' s under 'webapps/MyDir'.

Place a simple JSP that just displays the Time/date/a simple string.
Try contacting this JSP.

If this does not work, then there's something wrong at the service provider's
end.
1. Do they provide servlet/JSP support at all ?
2. Are you required to pay extra for servlet/JSP support ?

If this sample JSP works as expected:
1. Have the files been uploaded without errors ? Were there any errors reported
during upload ? I knew a case where two new recruits ignored transmission error
reports.

2. Does your service provider require you to use a complete server.xml ?
Tomcat let's use mention just as much as we need. I do not know if this a
feature with all servlet containers.

3. Do they support the serverlet API spec that your are working with ? i.e. if
you are using 2.2, do they support 2.2 ?

> 2. Servlets and all the java classes under webapps/MyDir/WEB-
> INF/classes/<my-package>
>
> 3. In my web.xml file i have only servlet mapping. I'll use this mapped names
> in JSP's to call the servlets. I am mentioning a tld file there
>
> i dont know what the DNS people have done there in their server.xml file. Any
> way we have a seperate dir under webapps just like <MyDir>
>
> I can access all the html pages and images. I mages are put under images dir
> in webapps/MyDir/images

This might be an indication that files have been uploaded without any errors.

> please help me out asap. Thanks in advance
>

> Regards,
> P.Mari
> SMS using the Yahoo! Messenger;Download latest version.

-- Sriram