Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by C55427 <cg...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/26 23:00:25 UTC

multiple producers into topic, 1 producer leaves, all consumers die...

We have a simple many producers making messages and sending them into 1 topic
for many consumers to consume them.  All consumers must get all messages
entered.

I got example code to work good, but one problem.  When one producer quits,
all the consumers quit receiving messages. I even removed all closes from
the producers to no avail.  What am I doing wrong??

Re: multiple producers into topic, 1 producer leaves, all consumers die...

Posted by C55427 <cg...@yahoo.com>.
I figured it out.   When I reworked the example, I still had the "SHUTDOWN"
logic in it from the example.  Doh!

C55427 wrote:

> I can ask the question very succinctly:  I want my consumers to live
> forever and not care about the comings and goings of producers.  When I
> use the example programs, my consumer dies when the producer
> quits.:confused:

=)

Re: multiple producers into topic, 1 producer leaves, all consumers die...

Posted by C55427 <cg...@yahoo.com>.