Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> on 2003/05/24 05:54:26 UTC

Re: image file returned by Apache or Tomcat

If you have a "JkMount /myapp/* ajp13" (this is the default for
auto-config), then the images are being served by Tomcat.  If you have
something like:
  JkMount /myapp/*.jsp ajp13
  JkMount /myapp/servlet/* ajp13
then images are being served by Apache.

To verify if Tomcat is serving static content, uncomment the AccessLogValve
in server.xml, and see if it reports serving image files.

"Munteanu Gabriel" <gm...@rdslink.ro> wrote in message
> How can I be sure that my file logo.gif is returned to the browser by
Apache

Posted by Munteanu Gabriel <gm...@rdslink.ro>.
Thank you for your reply.
In order to see if I understood, I will draw a conclusion here:
If I put the lines:
JkMount /myapp/*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /myapp/servlet/* ajp13
in my httpd.conf
Apache is responsable for accesing the disk to get the images, and Tomcat
only for
what is jsp under /myapp/ and files under /myapp/servlet/

Gabi