Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by devasish sarangi <de...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/08 22:20:31 UTC

Unknown Host Exception while trying to run Cactus

Hi,

I am trying to use Cactus with Websphere Studio 4.0
environment. I configured the classpaths both in the
client side and in the server side. When I run
'TestAll' in the TestRunner, I am getting the
following exception

java.net.UnknownHostException: test.port@

	at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)

	at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)

	at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(Unknown Source)

	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)

	at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)

	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown
Source)

	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown
Source)

	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)

	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)

	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)

	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown
Source)

	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(Unknown
Source)

	at
org.apache.cactus.client.HttpClientHelper.addParametersUsingPost(HttpClientHelper.java:182)

	at
org.apache.cactus.client.HttpClientHelper.connect(HttpClientHelper.java:416)

	at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(AbstractHttpClient.java:129)

	at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runGenericTest(AbstractTestCase.java:422)

	at
org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runTest(ServletTestCase.java:130)

	at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:371)

Seems like a basic setup problem. But I can't figure
out what. I am able to run the servlet in my Test
Environment sucessfully.

If anybody has a clue, please let me know.
Thanks,
Devasish

RE: Unknown Host Exception while trying to run Cactus

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Devasish,

That's normal ... :-) The URL that you're using in cactus.properties is
invalid (this is what the stacktrace says) ... You seem to be using
something like http://localhost:@test.port@/... If you're using @..@ it
probably means you want to use an Ant filter to replace the value with
an Ant property but you seem to have forgotten to perform the
replacement ...

Hope it helps
-Vincent