Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Rhett Sutphin <r-...@northwestern.edu> on 2009/12/04 06:12:11 UTC

Broken JSP compilation with Jetty on Java 6

Hi,

I have a build script which uses this stanza to enable JSP compilation on Jetty:

Java.classpath.concat([
  "org.mortbay.jetty:jsp-api-2.1:jar:#{Buildr::Jetty::VERSION}",
  "org.mortbay.jetty:jsp-2.1:jar:#{Buildr::Jetty::VERSION}"
])

It works fine on Java 5 (1.5.0_20 on OS X 10.5) but on Java 6 (1.6.0_17[1] on OS X 10.6), I get compilation failure exceptions from jasper.  There's circumstantial evidence that it's a javac problem -- the exceptions indicate that certain classes and methods derived from compiling some JSP tagfiles don't exist.  The classfiles themselves exist (and seem to be in the right place) but I can't get any decompiler to decompile them.

I've just started looking into it, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone else had run into this problem and could offer a pointer.

Thanks,
Rhett

[1]: It also failed on the previous version of Java 6 on Snow Leopard.