Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Steiner, Dominik" <Do...@gigatronik.com> on 2006/05/10 16:24:27 UTC

SVGCanvas refreshing issue

Hi there,

I have a large SVG map file (600 kB) with around 300 - 400 gps points on it (circle and text). I do updates on it every 2 seconds. This works all fine, but when I change the size of the canvas by dragging an edge of the canvas, sometimes it just freezes up and won't refresh the picture anymore. And it doesn't react to zooming and other sorts of events either. It seems to me as if at some point the mere volume of my svg file brings the batik process down and it won't come up again. Had somebody a similar issue already?

Thanks for your help.

Dominik Steiner

Dipl-Ing. Informationstechnik (BA)

GIGATRONIK

Gesellschaft für Automobil-

elektronikentwicklung mbH

Taunusstr. 21

80807 München

Telefon +49 (0) 89 / 353 96 80-70

Telefax +49 (0) 89 / 353 96 80-99

mailto:dominik.steiner@gigatronik.com <ma...@gigatronik.com>

www.gigatronik.com

Re: SVGCanvas refreshing issue

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Steiner,

"Steiner, Dominik" <Do...@gigatronik.com> wrote on 05/10/2006
10:24:27 AM:

> I have a large SVG map file (600 kB) with around 300 ? 400 gps points on
it
> (circle and text). I do updates on it every 2 seconds. This works all
fine,
> but when I change the size of the canvas by dragging an edge of the
canvas,
> sometimes it just freezes up and won?t refresh the picture anymore. And
it
> doesn?t react to zooming and other sorts of events either. It seems to
me as
> if at some point the mere volume of my svg file brings the batik process
down
> and it won?t come up again. Had somebody a similar issue already?

   This sounds like the behavior I sometimes get when Batik runs out of
memory.  Can you check the 'console' and see if someone threw an
OutOfMemory
error?  Incidentally if you haven't increased the default partition of
Batik
this could also offer a significant win (check out the -Xmx command line
flag).