Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by nblascogarcia <nb...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/30 14:02:20 UTC

Tapestry 5.3.0 scheduling josbs

Hi, i´m spanish so forgive my english.

We are trying to implement the scheduling jobs, that should be in 5.3
versions of tapestry

We do not achieve to use the org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.services.cron package,
we don't know in what JAR or dependency it is... indeed, there is a lot of
documentation and good examples of using this feature, but we cannot compile
a code like:

//taken from
http://blog.tapestry5.de/index.php/2011/09/18/scheduling-jobs-with-tapestry/
@Startup
	public static void scheduleJobs(PeriodicExecutor executor,	final
CleanupService cleanupService) {
		executor.addJob(new IntervalSchedule(300000L),
				"Cleanup Job",
				new Runnable() { public void run() {
					cleanupService.clean();
				}
			}
		);
}

PeriodicExecutor cannot be resolved ???

Re: Tapestry 5.3.0 scheduling josbs

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
... and you are responsible for figuring out what the latest beta is
(currently 5.3-beta-15).

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Tapestry 5.3.0 scheduling josbs

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

<ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You need to use one of the alpha or beta releases of 5.3 from the
> staged repositories. 5.3.0 that's in Maven central is way old.
>
> Kalle
>

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 5:02 AM, nblascogarcia <nb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, i´m spanish so forgive my english.
>>
>> We are trying to implement the scheduling jobs, that should be in 5.3
>> versions of tapestry
>>
>> We do not achieve to use the org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.services.cron package,
>> we don't know in what JAR or dependency it is... indeed, there is a lot of
>> documentation and good examples of using this feature, but we cannot compile
>> a code like:
>>
>> //taken from
>> http://blog.tapestry5.de/index.php/2011/09/18/scheduling-jobs-with-tapestry/
>> @Startup
>>        public static void scheduleJobs(PeriodicExecutor executor,      final
>> CleanupService cleanupService) {
>>                executor.addJob(new IntervalSchedule(300000L),
>>                                "Cleanup Job",
>>                                new Runnable() { public void run() {
>>                                        cleanupService.clean();
>>                                }