Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "fabio.noferi@libero.it" <fa...@libero.it> on 2004/02/13 10:38:04 UTC

how change sitetree.xml

hi list,

my target is to choose if a node is show in menu or tabs and not both.
i found some limitation in defoultpub, (es.: if you have a lot of tab in tabs menu, they exit from the screen)

i have this problem, i change the /authoriting/sitetree.xml, i add a new child to a node like that:

<node id="tutorial">
<pos>tabs</pos>                             <!-- pos may be 'menu' or 'tabs' or 'news' for me -->
<label xml:lang="en">Tutorial1</label>
<label xml:lang="de">Tutorial1</label>
</node>

i adapt the sitetree.xsd,
and sitetree2nav, tabs, menu xsl file.

all seems work well at authoriting level.

now the problem:
HOW TO PUBLISH THE NEW SITETREE STRUCTURE TO 'LIVE' LEVEL?

- do i change the java tasks 'publish'? (...mm.. not simple for a simple adjustament, and hard to maintain for the future upgrade)
- do i change some xml/xslt file witch i haven't see?

thanks.

fabio

Re: how change sitetree.xml

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 10:38, fabio.noferi@libero.it wrote:
> hi list,
>
> my target is to choose if a node is show in menu or tabs and not both.
> i found some limitation in defoultpub, (es.: if you have a lot of tab in tabs menu, they exit from the screen)
>
> i have this problem, i change the /authoriting/sitetree.xml, i add a new child to a node like that:

I had the same problem. But this isn't that easy, because, afaik, the
problem is the DefaultSitetree implementation. It does only care for a
well defined number of @ttributes to insert into the sitetree. This
"hard coded" number should be changed to handle a generic number of
attributes and tags to be inserted or copied. Maybe I'm wrong.

Have a look at the class
org/apache/lenya/cms/publication/DefaultSiteTree.java .

It seems to me that changes for our needs are problematic, because its a
general design problem of the sitetree api.

Comments?

    Rolf Kulemann