Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Alan Moss <al...@rhiandal.com> on 2004/05/05 05:28:06 UTC

[.NET Interop] Object returned from axis service is empty in .NET client...

Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem which I think is namespace related, but I'm
not sure how to correct it.

I'm implementing a web service in axis to be used by .Net clients. First
off, I have a method who's Java signature looks like:

     public Object getItem(String path) {...}

I have a similar method that returns an Object[] that works perfectly.
When called from .Net, the `getItem' method returns with an object, but
the fields are all, always null. I am using the axis beanMapping
construct for serializing my data objects. Below is a sample response
from a call to my service:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope
  <soapenv:Body>
   <ns1:getItemResponse
xmlns:ns1="http://omitted.com/ns">
    <ns1:getItemReturn xsi:type="ns1:standardsDefiningBody">
     <ns1:currentRevision xsi:type="xsd:string">Y1999</ns1:currentRevision>
     <ns1:description xsi:type="xsd:string">Sunshine State
Standards</ns1:description>
     <ns1:id xsi:type="xsd:string">101</ns1:id>
     <ns1:key xsi:type="xsd:string">sb:101</ns1:key>
     <ns1:name xsi:type="xsd:string">Florida Department of
Education</ns1:name>
     <ns1:standardRevisions xsi:type="soapenc:Array" xsi:nil="true"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
     <ns1:type xsi:type="xsd:string">ST</ns1:type>
    </ns1:getItemReturn>
   </ns1:getItemResponse>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

The part that looks strange to me is that the `ns1' prefix is still used
under the `getItemReturn' element. In my other methods, those prefixes
are ommitted. Also note that the Java client I built using axis handles
the returned object correctly. Any pointers would be appreciated.

I'm using Axis 1.1.

Thanks,
-Alan

Installer for axis-tomcat based web service?

Posted by Faraz Rasheed <fa...@yevolve.com>.
Hi,

I need to create an installer to deploy the axis-tomcat based web
service. Is there any installation package available for this? Which
checks the Java runtime (1.4), tomcat and axis and deploy the web
service if the axis-tomcat is already installed?

Regards,
Faraz Rasheed
faraz.rasheed@yevolve.com
Software Engineer