Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2011/05/30 15:53:35 UTC

Review of TS-798 please

Hi all,

I need at least a couple of people to review the second patch on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-798 before I commit it for
v3.0. The main issue here is that in the case of a remap.config "parse"
error (of almost any kind), we end up adding the defunct mapping to the
map rules, and then we free that memory. So it's a double whammy.

This code fixes that, and also cleans up the error handling a little
bit, to be more consistent (amc: yes, I kept the goto's, I don't want to
make more changes than necessary).

Please comment on the bug after review / testing. I would like to get
this into the 3.0 release, since it fixes a fairly serious problem IMO.

Thanks!

-- Leif

Re: Review of TS-798 please

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 05/30/2011 07:53 AM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need at least a couple of people to review the second patch on
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-798 before I commit it for
> v3.0. The main issue here is that in the case of a remap.config
> "parse" error (of almost any kind), we end up adding the defunct
> mapping to the map rules, and then we free that memory. So it's a
> double whammy.
>
> This code fixes that, and also cleans up the error handling a little
> bit, to be more consistent (amc: yes, I kept the goto's, I don't want
> to make more changes than necessary).

I branched for v3.0.0, so I've committed the changes for TS-798 on
trunk. I've also started the review / vote process in the STATUS file on
the 3.0.x branch for this bug. I still need a couple of reviews / votes
for this, and then I will backport these changes to 3.0.0.

Thanks,

-- leif