Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kaan <ka...@videotron.ca> on 2002/07/03 22:40:39 UTC

Hiding the Port Number

Hello Everyone,

My ISP is blocking port 80 so i am running my web server on port 8000. With Mod-Rewrite, is it possible to hide the port number?

Thanks

Kaan

Mod_Rewrite on apache 2.0.39 PLZ Help me!!!

Posted by Ronald M <Ry...@rcn.com>.
Hi,Guys!!
this is the first time im using the apache user group mailling list,so i hope this message go through.
Im trying to setup my apache 2.0.39 to work with one of my scripts
using the mod rewrite and virtual host.
im able to make the virtual host to work,but i cant make the mod rewrite work.
after almost a month trying it i decided to call out for help.
heres my server configuration.

Win2000 adv Server
Apache 2.0.39
php 4.2.1
MySQL 4.0.1-alpha-win

and here is part of my virtual host configuration

<VirtualHost apache.intranet>
   <Directory F:/http/www/pages>
        Options FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
   </Directory>

   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteRule ^/stats/store/(.*).gif$  F:/http/www/pages/ezstats/user/storestats.php [S=4]
   RewriteRule ^/filemanager/filedownload/([^/]+)/(.*)$  F:/http/www/pages/ezfilemanager/files/$1 [T="application/oct-stream",S=3]
   RewriteRule .*/ezmediacatalogue/catalogue/(.*)$  F:/http/www/pages/catalogue/$1 [T="application/oct-stream",S=2]
   RewriteRule ^/xmlrpc.*$  F:/http/www/pages/index_xmlrpc.php [S=1]
   RewriteRule !\.(gif|css|jpg|png|jar)$ F:/http/www/pages/index.php

   ErrorLog logs/error-apache.intranet
   CustomLog logs/totals-apache.intranet combined

   ServerAdmin support@test.com
   DocumentRoot F:/http/www/pages
   ServerName apache.intranet
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost apache.admin.intranet>
   <Directory F:/http/www/pages>
        Options FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
   </Directory>

   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteRule .*/ezmediacatalogue/catalogue/(.*)$  F:/http/www/pages/ezmediacatalogue/catalogue/$1 [T="application/oct-ream",S=1]
   RewriteRule     !\.(gif|css|jpg|png|jar) F:/http/www/pages/index_admin.php

   ServerAdmin support@test.com
   DocumentRoot F:/http/www/pages
   ServerName apache.admin.intranet
</VirtualHost>

but that is not working, when i tray to access the page the browser takes forever loading and never stops,so i have to stop and close the browser and then restart server or it wont let me use the browser again,
and no erros messages, but if i take off the rewrite rules im able to access all my virtual host sites.
also i tryed to use just the /index.php,without the directory full path,also tryed to remove part and full path where you see the ( F:/http/www/pages/ ) keeping only the ( / ) on the rewrite rules and still no go.

so can anyone be kind enough to help me out here plz?
thank you all in advance for any help.

Ronald

Re: Hiding the Port Number

Posted by Kaan <ka...@videotron.ca>.
MessageHello,
I am already doing that
www.overflow.cc goes to web.overflow.cc:8000

I want to modify apache with mod-rewrite so that on the browser it will only show web.overflow.cc

Thanks

RE: Hiding the Port Number

Posted by Jeff Meisenhelder <po...@poptartweb.org>.

www.poptartweb.org <http://www.poptartweb.org/>