Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Péterfi Balázs <b....@i-deal.hu> on 2009/01/26 17:25:53 UTC

searching in OCRed pdf

Hello,

I'm developing an application that uses jackrabbit and have some problem
with searching in pdf files. When I search in a pdf that was generated
from a word document it works. When I try to search in a pdf that has a
scanned document inside it and I can search through its contents from
within Adobe Reader (some sort of Optical Character Recognition) but my
application does not obtain results. I don't know how does this kind of
pdf work but I need to search in it. Does jackrabbit support it?

Thank you!
Balazs

Re: searching in OCRed pdf

Posted by Paco Avila <mo...@gmail.com>.
Jackrabbit PDF text extractor uses PDFBox. If Adobe Reader can search
the text then PDFBox should be capable of extract this text, but I
only is my opinion.

--
Paco Avila
GIT Consultors