Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tim Charron <TC...@thinkADNET.com> on 2013/10/02 17:24:30 UTC

[users@httpd] New to apache

Good Morning,
The person who installed apache for has left and we recently had a security audit done that recommended  we upgrade our Apache 2.2.9 installation to 2.2.15 or later.
I have searched trying to find information on how to do this upgrade and whether or not it will break something and found nothing that made me comfortable doing this. Could you point me in the right direction for finding out how to do this upgrade.

I really appreciate any input you may have.

Tim Charron
Senior Systems Engineer | Business (860) 409-1709

ADNET Technologies, LLC
www.thinkADNET.com | Follow @ADNETTech

Please consider the environment before printing this email

________________________________
Join us for our Annual Chili Cook-Off & Food Drive on 11/7/13 Register at https://2013adnetchilicookoff.eventbrite.com/

RE: [users@httpd] New to apache

Posted by Tim Charron <TC...@thinkADNET.com>.
Thanks for that feed back, the OS is Windows 2003 R2 SP1

Posted by John Hudak <jj...@gmail.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] New to apache

Posted by Mike Rumph <mi...@oracle.com>.
Hello Tim,

You could be begin with the Apache httpd 2.2 upgrade instructions at the
following link:
- http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/install.html#upgrading

Please, let us know what specific issues you run into.

Thanks,

Mike Rumph

Re: [users@httpd] New to apache

Posted by Colin 't Hart <co...@sharpheart.org>.
Actually, it would be quite easy to unzip an Apache 2.4 build (or even just
a newer 2.2 build) next to the existing 2.2 install and configure it. Shut
down the existing 2.2 and start up the new 2.4 (or the new 2.2). It might
take a few goes back-n-forth, but if you can afford a little down time this
is the approach I would take.

Cheers,

Colin

Re: [users@httpd] New to apache

Posted by Nick Tkach <nt...@gmail.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] New to apache

Posted by "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <da...@Vex.Net>.
On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 12:27:39 -0400

Re: [users@httpd] New to apache

Posted by "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <da...@Vex.Net>.
On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 15:24:30 +0000
Tim Charron <TC...@thinkADNET.com> wrote:
> The person who installed apache for has left and we recently had a
> security audit done that recommended  we upgrade our Apache 2.2.9
> installation to 2.2.15 or later. I have searched trying to find
> information on how to do this upgrade and whether or not it will
> break something and found nothing that made me comfortable doing
> this. Could you point me in the right direction for finding out how
> to do this upgrade.

If you needed to hire someone to install Apache you probably need to
hire someone to upgrade it.  For one thing, they may have done stuff
that was not quite standard.  For another, if things do break someone
will need to look at updating your local configs.

I see that you are in Farmington, CT.  Maybe someone local can help or,
if you are comfortable with it, someone can work remotely.  Either way,
you need to tell us what environment you are in, especially what
operating system you are using.