Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Owen Thomas <ot...@wcg.net.au> on 2007/04/05 03:58:19 UTC

Problem.

I have followed the steps below, and don't know what I'm doing wrong.

1. Create a new project using the following maven command at a command
line:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.servicemix.tooling
-DarchetypeArtifactId=servicemix-jsr181-annotated-service-unit
-DarchetypeVersion=3.1-incubating -DgroupId=test.webservice
-DartifactId=TestWebService
-DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-reposit
ory

2. Start NetBeans and open the project you created above.

3. Due to a bug in the archetype, the <executions> tag that was inserted
in the POM must be removed. Scan for this tag, and remove all lines
between <executions> and </executions> inclusive.

4. Due to a bug in the archetype, a property must be added manually to
the POM. Scan for the <properties> tag, and add
<xfire-version>1.2.2</xfire-version> inside this tag.

5. Save the POM, and build the project from inside NetBeans via the
project's context menu. Output similar to the following should appear.

*

******** Start of output.

Embedded error: Unable to generate service unit descriptor!

<component-task-result
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jbi/management-message">

        <component-name>null</component-name>

        <component-task-result-details>

                <task-result-details>

                        <task-id>deploy</task-id>

                        <task-result>FAILED</task-result>

                        <message-type>ERROR</message-type>

<task-status-msg><msg-loc-info><loc-token/><loc-message>java.lang.Illega
lArgumentException: Invalid name
[]</loc-message></msg-loc-info></task-status-msg>

                        <exception-info>

                                <nesting-level>1</nesting-level>

                                <msg-loc-info>

                                        <loc-token />

                                        <loc-message>Invalid name
[]</loc-message>

<stack-trace><![CDATA[java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid name
[]

[INFO]   at
org.codehaus.xfire.service.ServiceInfo.addOperation(ServiceInfo.java:71)

[INFO]   at
org.codehaus.xfire.service.binding.ObjectServiceFactory.addOperation(Obj
ectServiceFactory.java:760)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.servicemix.jsr181.xfire.ServiceFactoryHelper$FixedJAXWSServic
eFactory.addOperation(ServiceFactoryHelper.java:210)

[INFO]   at
org.codehaus.xfire.service.binding.ObjectServiceFactory.initializeOperat
ions(ObjectServiceFactory.java:720)

[INFO]   at
org.codehaus.xfire.service.binding.ObjectServiceFactory.create(ObjectSer
viceFactory.java:418)

[INFO]   at
org.codehaus.xfire.annotations.AnnotationServiceFactory.create(Annotatio
nServiceFactory.java:253)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.servicemix.jsr181.Jsr181Endpoint.registerService(Jsr181Endpoi
nt.java:301)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.servicemix.jsr181.Jsr181Endpoint.validate(Jsr181Endpoint.java
:216)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.servicemix.common.DefaultComponent.addEndpoint(DefaultCompone
nt.java:300)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.servicemix.common.DefaultComponent.doInit(DefaultComponent.ja
va:287)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.servicemix.jsr181.Jsr181Component.doInit(Jsr181Component.java
:81)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.servicemix.common.AsyncBaseLifeCycle.init(AsyncBaseLifeCycle.
java:142)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.servicemix.jsr181.packaging.Jsr181ServiceUnitAnalyzer.getProv
ides(Jsr181ServiceUnitAnalyzer.java:57)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.servicemix.common.xbean.AbstractXBeanServiceUnitAnalyzer.init
(AbstractXBeanServiceUnitAnalyzer.java:96)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.servicemix.maven.plugin.jbi.GenerateServiceUnitDescriptorMojo
.generateJbiDescriptor(GenerateServiceUnitDescriptorMojo.java:166)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.servicemix.maven.plugin.jbi.GenerateServiceUnitDescriptorMojo
.execute(GenerateServiceUnitDescriptorMojo.java:129)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginMa
nager.java:417)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Default
LifecycleExecutor.java:610)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifec
ycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:551)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultL
ifecycleExecutor.java:530)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:309)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:276)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:143)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:393)

[INFO]   at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:182)

[INFO]   at
org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute(MavenEmbedder.java:760)

[INFO]   at
org.codehaus.mevenide.netbeans.execute.MavenJavaExecutor.run(MavenJavaEx
ecutor.java:257)

[INFO]   at
org.netbeans.core.execution.RunClassThread.run(RunClassThread.java:131)

[INFO]]]></stack-trace>

                                </msg-loc-info>

                        </exception-info>

                </task-result-details>

        </component-task-result-details>

</component-task-result>

******** End of output.

*

6. The project will compile within NetBeans if the WebMethod annotation
is either removed, or includes the operationName parameter.

Help appreciated,

  Owen.

RE: Problem.

Posted by Owen Thomas <ot...@wcg.net.au>.
Hello again Guillaume.

How do I get a hold of 3.1.1?

  Owen.

Posted by Owen Thomas <ot...@wcg.net.au>.
Hello Guillaume

Thank you for your patience helping me here.

When I build the SU after including the operationName parameter in the
WebMethod annotation, the SU builds fine. I then generate an SA that
includes this SU, and it builds fine also.

However, when I deploy the SA to the ./servicemix/deploy directory,
ServiceMix responds with output that I have supplied following this
message.

This is thoroughly confusing me. It looks as if ServiceMix is
complaining that it cannot find the au.net.wcg.jvmhost.CommandReturn in
the SA. It won't because the SA didn't need that class to build. The SU
needed it, and it is there inside a jar. The SU is built fine. You have
said to me earlier that the SA doesn't need this class, and even through
I tried to include it in the SA, when I built the SA, it wasn't included
in the zip file. This must be because there is nothing in any project
configuration files (possibly the POM) that tell Maven how to include a
jar in an SA.

Why have I been having this problem? What am I doing wrong?

  Owen.

*
******** Start of output.
ERROR - AutoDeploymentService          - Failed to update Service
Assembly: JVMHostServiceAssembly
java.lang.Exception: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jbi-task xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jbi/management-message"
version="1.0">
<jbi-task-result>
<frmwk-task-result>
<frmwk-task-result-details>
<task-result-details>
<task-id>deploy</task-id>
<task-result>FAILED</task-result>
<message-type>ERROR</message-type>
</task-result-details>
</frmwk-task-result-details>
</frmwk-task-result>
<component-task-result
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jbi/management-message">
        <component-name>servicemix-jsr181</component-name>
        <component-task-result-details>
                <task-result-details>
                        <task-id>deploy</task-id>
                        <task-result>FAILED</task-result>
                        <message-type>ERROR</message-type>
                        <task-status-msg>
<msg-loc-info>
<loc-token/>
<loc-message>Could not deploy xbean service unit</loc-message>
</msg-loc-info>
</task-status-msg>
                        <exception-info>
                                <nesting-level>1</nesting-level>
                                <msg-loc-info>
                                        <loc-token/>

<loc-message>au/net/wcg/jvmhost/CommandReturn</loc-message>

<stack-trace><![CDATA[java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
au/net/wcg/jvmhost/CommandReturn
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.commons.attributes.DefaultCachedRepository.<init>(DefaultCach
edRepository.java:88)
        at
org.apache.commons.attributes.Attributes.getCachedRepository(Attributes.
java:146)
        at
org.apache.commons.attributes.Attributes.getAttributes(Attributes.java:2
70)
        at
org.apache.commons.attributes.Attributes.hasAttributeType(Attributes.jav
a:424)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.annotations.commons.CommonsWebAttributes.hasWebServic
eAnnotation(CommonsWebAttributes.java:27)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jsr181.xfire.ServiceFactoryHelper.findServiceFacto
ry(ServiceFactoryHelper.java:137)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jsr181.Jsr181Endpoint.registerService(Jsr181Endpoi
nt.java:236)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jsr181.Jsr181Endpoint.validate(Jsr181Endpoint.java
:216)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.AbstractDeployer.validate(AbstractDeployer.
java:58)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.xbean.BaseXBeanDeployer.validate(BaseXBeanD
eployer.java:55)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.xbean.AbstractXBeanDeployer.deploy(Abstract
XBeanDeployer.java:92)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.BaseServiceUnitManager.doDeploy(BaseService
UnitManager.java:88)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.BaseServiceUnitManager.deploy(BaseServiceUn
itManager.java:69)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.DeploymentService.deployServiceAssem
bly(DeploymentService.java:527)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateArchive(
AutoDeploymentService.java:334)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.monitorDirecto
ry(AutoDeploymentService.java:645)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.access$200(Aut
oDeploymentService.java:62)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService$1.run(AutoDepl
oymentService.java:608)
        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
]]></stack-trace>
                                </msg-loc-info>
                        </exception-info>
                </task-result-details>
        </component-task-result-details>
</component-task-result>
</jbi-task-result>
</jbi-task>

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.ManagementSupport.failure(Management
Support.java:121)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.ManagementSupport.failure(Management
Support.java:107)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.DeploymentService.deployServiceAssem
bly(DeploymentService.java:563)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateArchive(
AutoDeploymentService.java:334)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.monitorDirecto
ry(AutoDeploymentService.java:645)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.access$200(Aut
oDeploymentService.java:62)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService$1.run(AutoDepl
oymentService.java:608)
        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
WARN  - AutoDeploymentService          - Directory: deploy: Automatic
install of
/home/othomas/servicemix/deploy/JVMHostServiceAssembly-1.0.zip failed
javax.jbi.management.DeploymentException: Failed to update Service
Assembly: JVMHostServiceAssembly
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateArchive(
AutoDeploymentService.java:348)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.monitorDirecto
ry(AutoDeploymentService.java:645)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.access$200(Aut
oDeploymentService.java:62)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService$1.run(AutoDepl
oymentService.java:608)
        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

        ... 5 more******** End of output.
*

Re: Problem.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.