Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/26 11:21:43 UTC

Differences hadoop-2.0.0-alpha Vs hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

Hi,
  I  have some YARN application written and running properly against
hadoop-2.0.0-alpha but when I recently downloaded and started using
hadoop-2.0.3-alpha it doesn't work. I think the original one I wrote was
looking at the Client.java and ApplicationMaster.java in DistributedShell
example. It looks like this example code also has changed with the new
version, it now has the Client being extended from YarnClientImpl and many
other changes it has.

  Is there any guide as to how should I modify my old application to work
against the new version?

Thanks,
Kishore

Re: Differences hadoop-2.0.0-alpha Vs hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

  I had to change the way I get queueInfo in Client.java

from
    GetQueueInfoRequest queueInfoReq =
Records.newRecord(GetQueueInfoRequest.class);
    GetQueueInfoResponse queueInfoResp =
applicationsManager.getQueueInfo(queueInfoReq);
    QueueInfo queueInfo = queueInfoResp.getQueueInfo();

    boolean includeApplications = true, includeChildQueues = false,
recursive = false;
    String queueName = "default";

    GetQueueInfoRequest request =
Records.newRecord(GetQueueInfoRequest.class);
    request.setQueueName(queueName);
    request.setIncludeApplications(includeApplications);
    request.setIncludeChildQueues(includeChildQueues);
    request.setRecursive(recursive);

    QueueInfo queueInfo =
applicationsManager.getQueueInfo(request).getQueueInfo();

I could make it work with these changes.

And, one more important thing is I am observing a huge delay in allocation
of containers. I allocate 13 containers for my application, and it now
takes 13 seconds for getting them allocated where as with 2.0.0-alpha I
used to get them allocated like in a second or two on my system. Can you
please throw me some clue if there is a way to improve or if I could be
doing something wrong..

Thanks,
Kishore

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

 Thanks for the reply. I have just compiled and ran my
ApplicationMaste.java and Client.java against hadoop-2.0.3-alpha and
getting this exception. The same runs fine on 2.0.0. Please suggest me what
could be the issue...

2013-03-28 00:50:47,576 FATAL [main] Client (Client.java:main(151)) - Error
running CLient
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.impl.pb.YarnRemoteExceptionPBImpl.unwrapAndThrowException(YarnRemoteExceptionPBImpl.java:128)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.impl.pb.client.ClientRMProtocolPBClientImpl.getQueueInfo(ClientRMProtocolPBClientImpl.java:215)
        at Client.dumpClusterInfo(Client.java:263)
        at Client.launchAndMonitorAM(Client.java:471)
        at Client.main(Client.java:149)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
Caused by:
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.lang.NullPointerException):
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.get(ConcurrentHashMap.java:779)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler.getQueueInfo(CapacityScheduler.java:542)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ClientRMService.getQueueInfo(ClientRMService.java:420)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.impl.pb.service.ClientRMProtocolPBServiceImpl.getQueueInfo(ClientRMProtocolPBServiceImpl.java:191)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.proto.ClientRMProtocol$ClientRMProtocolService$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientRMProtocol.java:214)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:454)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1735)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1731)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:284)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1441)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1729)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:202)
        at $Proxy4.getQueueInfo(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.impl.pb.client.ClientRMProtocolPBClientImpl.getQueueInfo(ClientRMProtocolPBClientImpl.java:212)
        ... 8 more

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Differences hadoop-2.0.0-alpha Vs hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Differences hadoop-2.0.0-alpha Vs hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Differences hadoop-2.0.0-alpha Vs hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.