Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2015/12/22 10:23:16 UTC

Time for a 6.0.x release in January?

All,

It has been over 6 months since the last 6.0.x release. The changelog
for 6.0.x is reasonably long so it is looks like time for a release.

Jean-Frederic or I have done the last few releases. Are there any
volunteers for the release manager role this time around?

Given the frequency of the 6.0.x releases we should probably take the
time to consider if there are any other fixes that should be back-ported
before the release.

Mark

Re: Time for a 6.0.x release in January?

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 12/22/2015 10:23 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> All,
>
> It has been over 6 months since the last 6.0.x release. The changelog
> for 6.0.x is reasonably long so it is looks like time for a release.
>
> Jean-Frederic or I have done the last few releases. Are there any
> volunteers for the release manager role this time around?

I should have cycles in January to do it.

> Given the frequency of the 6.0.x releases we should probably take the
> time to consider if there are any other fixes that should be back-ported
> before the release.

Please commit the stuff you want to see fixed ASAP ;-)

First week of January is probably the best for my timing.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic