Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Othman Haddad <oh...@neomalogic.com> on 2002/07/12 12:53:53 UTC

XMLForms and Schema W3C validation..

hi,
i've downloaded and built the 2.1 version, because i'm interested in
XMLForms..
it works fine,but i've gt a question:
is it possible to create a form, validate the Data against a W3C Schema and
then against a the Schematron rules embeded in the Schema W3C (will this one
i think it could be logically possible if the first one does..) ?
thanks for your help.

Re: XMLForms and Schema W3C validation..

Posted by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org>.

None that I heard of. There were plans some time ago to integrate JARV [1], but nothing materialized.

[1] http://iso-relax.sourceforge.net/JARV/

-=Ivelin=-
        De : Ivelin Ivanov
        Date : vendredi 12 juillet 2002 13:46:50
        A : Othman Haddad; cocoon user list
        Sujet : Re: XMLForms and Schema W3C validation..

        Yes. All the prerequisites are available, but the glue hasn't been applied.
        Xerces validates W3C Schema.
        Schematron can be embedded within XML Schema documents and then extracted and applied.
        Examples for this are available on the Schematron site and I believe that Sun's multi schema validator have implementation for it.
        So I think you will need to implement the org.apache.cocoon.components.validation.Validator interface to plug in the new multischema validator.

        It's worth trying.

        -=Ivelin=-
Posted by Earl Bingham <ea...@righton.com>.
I was having difficulty constructing a map entry that will display XML
output within the IE browser.  In which I receive a cocoon error message
within Tomcat 4.0.1 web server.

In which I have the following in a sitemap file:

<map:pipeline>
  <map:match pattern="testXMLOutput">
  <map:generate src="test.xml"/>
  <map:transform src="test.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>
</map:pipeline>

test.xml
---
<test>
  <entry>John</entry>
  <entry>Jacob</entry>
  <entry>Joseph</entry>
</test>

test.xsl
---
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='ISO-8859-1' standalone='yes' ?>
<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="no"/>
<xsl:template match=".">
<testoutput>
  <xsl:apply-templates select="*"/>
</testoutput>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="entry">
  <output>
   <xsl:value-of select="text()"/>
  </output>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

does anyone know what should be used to properly display an XML document
within IE?

Thanks,

- Earl

Re: XMLForms and Schema W3C validation..