Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Harbarth, Juliane" <Ju...@softwareag.com> on 2006/08/01 15:01:21 UTC

RE: Problems with the REST POST Example

Hi Chinthaka,

thanks for answering, yes I am using Axis2 1.0.

If you say there seems to be a problem in the document, are you saying
that the sample
I tried to run (i.e. the REST POST sample contained in the Axis2 docu
page
'RESTful Web services Support' at
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/0_94/rest-ws.html)
is wrong ?

If so, is there another sample anywhere in the Axis2 download that I can
try instead ?

I did not understand your description to 'first invoke the web service
using SOAP call,
then add the line:
options.setProperty(org.apache.axis2.transport.http.Constants.Configurat
ion.ENABLE_REST,
"true") to get REST invocation over POST'.
Can you explain this in more detail.

If a source issuing a REST call is just a source issuing a SOAP call
plus an additional
line, what is the added value in using REST ?

Thanks & regards,
Juliane.

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
You might want to read http://www.wso2.net/kb/175, until I or some one