Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/09 10:59:11 UTC

The online document about feature installation and one further question about feature

First I start with the document part:
The below description is not really correct and I think it should be
corrected somehow.
https://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/users-guide/provisioning.html#Dependentfeatures

==========
It's possible to define a version range for a dependent feature:

<feature name="spring-dm">
  <feature version="[2.5.6,4)">spring</feature>
</feature>

The feature with the highest version available in the range will be installed.
===========

Should it be saying something like the following?
If the feature within the specified version range has not been
installed, the one with the highest version available in that range
will be installed.

And now the feature question part:
The reason why I looked up the above document was that I was looking
for a way to do something similar for bundles. So, one might say:

<feature name="foo">
   <bundle version="[1.2,3)">mvn:com.me/foo-core/2.1</bundle>

to indicate the bundle with the specified version will be installed if
this bundle within the specified version range has not been previously
installed.

regards, aki

Re: The online document about feature installation and one further question about feature

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Achim,
Thanks.
I created KARAF-3766 for the document update.
For the bundle stuff, I'll try out OBR.
regards, aki

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Aki,