Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2001/05/14 01:26:33 UTC

Re: apache 2.0 patch to force proxy to speak HTTP/1.0

Ian Holsman wrote:

> This patch adds a new server config
> 'forceHTTP10Proxy', which when turned on
> will cause the HTTP proxy code to send a HTTP/1.0 request
>
> (all it does it change the 'GET .. HTTP/1.1' to 'GET .. HTTP/1.0')
>
> this is to allow people to use the r-proxy against broken HTTP/1.1 servers
> which can't be fixed (ie.. not open source)

I've taken a look briefly at this patch, and I can see one possible
problem. All the patch does is send an HTTP/1.0 instead of an HTTP/1.1 -
but the rest of the proxy still behaves like an HTTP/1.1 proxy. This
might cause problems with some requests.

This patch is a workaround to BEA Weblogic (if memory serves) - was the
problem specifically with HTTP/1.1 requests, or with keepalive requests?
(I don't remember, it's late). If it's keepalives that are causing the
problem, I'll investigate an option to switch them off separately from
frontend keepalives.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon