Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by YTP <yt...@vc-net.ne.jp> on 2002/08/10 06:54:01 UTC

Ja-Jakarta BOF@JavaOne.Japan

Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:

>> > There is also this site, which has been around for quite a while :
>> > http://www.ingrid.org/jajakarta/index.html
>> > We know about them for their work translating the Velocity site, but it
>> > seems to cover all.
>
>There's no duplication on
>"alexandria,james,poi,bcel,ojb,commons,jetspeed,slide"
>as of today.
>
>At the beginning (one month ago), I was mainly interested in James
>and POI and commons, so I have not noticed the existence of this site.
># And expanded the curiosities :) ... so, in my plan, 11 projects
># are the target ones right now.

Wow, I did not know you have that much curiosities
about 11 projects.
Do they include Tomcat?
Why don't you join us to avoid duplication?

BTW, we, Ja-Jakarta project will hold the BOF at JavaOne Japan
this coming 25th Sept.

Is anyone visiting Japan on those days?
I heard that just like last year, Craig may come as a speaker
....not for fun :-)

We will also have a party after the BOF.

Regards.

Yoshi(TANAKA Yoshihiro)
Ja-Jakarta project member
http://www.ingrid.org/jajakarta/

Re: Ja-Jakarta BOF@JavaOne.Japan

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@nifty.ne.jp>.
Hi, Yoshi.

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 13:54:01 +0900
YTP <yt...@vc-net.ne.jp> wrote:

> Wow, I did not know you have that much curiosities
> about 11 projects.
> Do they include Tomcat?
> Why don't you join us to avoid duplication?

Thanks for the invitation. However, I want to keep my style for a while.

To avoid the duplication, it is better to add the cross
reference to each sites. In this way, keeping our own style,
we can achieve the same goal, "promote the jakarta-projects' products
in Japan".

What do you think?

Regards,
Tetsuya.

--
Tetsuya Kitahata <ki...@bb.mbn.or.jp>
http://www.terra-intl.com/jakarta/

Re: Ja-Jakarta BOF@JavaOne.Japan

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> Lucky.  I've always wanted to see Japan, its supposed to be a pretty
> amazing place.

I've lived there for 5 years, in Tokyo, Aoyama, and yes, it's really
cool :-)

I went back 2 years ago, to see how it had changed...
When I got there, I felt nostalgic about Italy, but when I came back to
Italy, I really felt worse and 10 times more nostalgic of Japan.

Too bad I won't be going back soon, and that costs are really high :-/

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Ja-Jakarta BOF@JavaOne.Japan

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.