Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Lee Kincarr <le...@virginmedia.com> on 2015/09/29 14:22:47 UTC

Open Office

Hi - can you please help.

I have just purchased a Macbook Pro - I used to work in Access for my
telemarketing databases, but this is not compatible, so I have downloaded
Open Office.

The 'Base' section is great for what I need, building databases and
forms..................but everything I have done in it so far will not
allow me to edit anything.

Can you please help!

Kind regards,

Lee

Mrs Lee Kincarr

M.  +44 (0)7590 333385

E.    leekincarr@virginmedia.com

W.  leekincarr.wix.com/tell-lee-marketing

Re: Open Office

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 8:22 AM, Lee Kincarr <le...@virginmedia.com>
wrote:

> The 'Base' section is great for what I need, building databases and
> forms..................but everything I have done in it so far will not
> allow me to edit anything.

Hello Lee.

If I understand, you are not able to edit data in tables and the tables
were created by importing data from another source. If this is the scenario
I expect the tables do not have a primary key. With Base the table must
have a primary key defined to permit editing.

You can make an existing field or fields into a primary key or add a
primary key. Create a new table structure with the primary key defined.
Import the data from the current tables into the new tables.

It should now be possible to edit the data in the new tables.

-Alan