Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by AlexeyK <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/11 07:58:16 UTC

SolrCloud - TermsComponent, Suggester etc.

Hi,
I need a small clarification on how forwarding to the non-(/select) handler
works.
When I define a distinct handler /terms with TermsComponent inside (or
/suggest with the SpellCheckComponent defined for suggester), the
distributed call never works. The reason is simple - the request always gets
forwarded to the /select handler of other shards by HttpShardHandler.
The workaround is to set the QT parameter *and* SHARDS_QT.

My question is: why not simply set the same handler path(/terms) for
outgoing shard requests without the additional parameters? Shouldn't it be
the default in cluster environment?

Thanks
Alexey