Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jake Brownell <ja...@Benetech.org> on 2009/11/10 23:04:19 UTC

Field settings for best highlighting performance

Hi,

I've seen the use case for highlighting on:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldOptionsByUseCase

I just wanted to confirm that for best performance

Indexed=true
Stored=true
termVectors=true
termPositions=true

is the way to go for highlighting for Solr 1.4. Note that I'm not doing anything else with this field, it's just for highlighting.

Congratulations on the release, I'm particularly excited because it was soon enough to be included in our launch of full text search integration.

Thanks,
Jake