Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Andrew Golightly <A....@dcs.shef.ac.uk> on 2006/05/19 12:47:49 UTC

own favicon in lenya pub

Hi there,

So I would like our own favicon in our lenya pub. The only info I could
find on this is from here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lenya-user/200410.mbox/%3C416F1B68.8090908@apache.org%3E

It's a fairly old post now (oct 04). Is that how it is still done? I was
thinking of editing page2xhtml.xsl and adding in
<link rel="icon" href="{$root}/images/media-campaign-logo.ico"/>

and putting our icon in the resources/shared/images directory. But that
doesn't seem to work.

Any one done this?

thank you!
~ Andrew

Re: own favicon in lenya pub

Posted by Andrew Golightly <A....@dcs.shef.ac.uk>.

Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> Andrew Golightly wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> So I would like our own favicon in our lenya pub. The only info I
>> could find on this is from here:
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lenya-user/200410.mbox/%3C416F1B68.8090908@apache.org%3E
>>

>> It's a fairly old post now (oct 04). Is that how it is still done? I
>> was thinking of editing page2xhtml.xsl and adding in
>> <link rel="icon" href="{$root}/images/media-campaign-logo.ico"/>
>>
>> and putting our icon in the resources/shared/images directory. But
>> that doesn't seem to work.
>

> iirc it's supposed to be <link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="..."/>

Hi Jörn,
It turns out the solution is to name your icon mylogo.gif NOT .ico Then
it works fine!!

If I tried going to /mediacampaign/live/images/mediacampaign-logo.ico I
got a 404 error. Go figure.. but hey, at least it works now :)

Andrew

Re: own favicon in lenya pub

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de>.
Andrew Golightly wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> So I would like our own favicon in our lenya pub. The only info I could
> find on this is from here:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lenya-user/200410.mbox/%3C416F1B68.8090908@apache.org%3E
>

> It's a fairly old post now (oct 04). Is that how it is still done? I was
> thinking of editing page2xhtml.xsl and adding in
> <link rel="icon" href="{$root}/images/media-campaign-logo.ico"/>
>
> and putting our icon in the resources/shared/images directory. But that
> doesn't seem to work.

iirc it's supposed to be <link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="..."/>
and you could also match **/favicon.ico in a pipe and feed it your logo.

hth,

jörn

--
"Open source takes the bullshit out of software."
	- Charles Ferguson on TechnologyReview.com

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft