Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by xa...@orange-ftgroup.com on 2009/10/19 19:58:15 UTC

How to IO catch exceptions using python

Hi Everybody,

I'm doing a project where I have to read a large set of compress files
(gz). I'm using python and streaming to achieve my goals. However, I
have a problem, there are corrupt compress files that are killing my
map/reduce jobs.
My environment is the following:
Hadoop-0.18.3 (CDH1)

Do you guys have some recommendations how to manage this case?
How I can catch that exception using python so that my jobs don't fail?
How I can identify these files using python and move them to a corrupt
file folder?

I really appreciate any recommendation

Xavier

RE: How to IO catch exceptions using python

Posted by xa...@orange-ftgroup.com.
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the suggestion, however, I'm running a small (2 machines)
cluster with CDH2 with a folder that contains two files one corrupt and
the other not but I'm still have the exception and the streamjob is
kill.
This is ok but I want to know a way to manage this exception
(java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid block type or any other) using
streaming (python).

I really appreciate If you point me to some way to catch the exception,

Thanks again

Xavier

The functionality you are looking for was added to 0.19 and above:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-3828. If you upgrade your
cluster to CDH2, you should be good to go.

Regards,
Jeff

Posted by Jeff Hammerbacher <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Xavier,