Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Ed Staub <es...@mediaone.net> on 2000/07/26 15:23:55 UTC

XRI requirements update

Attached are the XRI requirements updates from last week.

Sorry for the delay.  I don't have rights to post them to the website, and
Ted is incommunicado.  If someone with access would do so, I'd appreciate
it.

They should be posted (but _are not now_) at
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/issues.html.

NOTE WELL: Mail since 7/18 is not reflected, because mail archiving has been
broken for the last week.

The most significant thread lost (temporarily, I hope) is the one started by
Andy Kay around 7/18.  But there were several others.

Changes:
	Moved some "features" into a "supported standards" section.
	Rename from Xerces2 to XRI.
	Add a "conflicts with <other-requirement>" tag on some items.
	Added a numerical index.

	Req 2 status changed to "approved"; conflict with 24 noted.
	Reqs 5,6 status changed to "approved".
	Req 10 status changed to "approved"; strength changed from "hard" to
"soft".
	Reqs 12,14,15,16,18,19 status changed to "approved".
	Req 22 strength changed from soft to hard.

	References to mail prior to 7/18 added.

In the future, I'll put out an alternate version of the document with
change-bar markup, generated by WinWord.  But I did reformatting and
reorganizing changes, which made everything light up.

Regards,
-Ed