Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Alex Chaffee <gu...@edamame.stinky.com> on 2000/07/16 10:35:53 UTC

Re: Consistent exception on GET

Do a "build clean" to get rid of this one.

(I changed the type of the rfc1123format from "SimpleDateFormat" to
"DateFormat" so the old class was compiled to look for the old type,
which isn't there any more.)

 - Alex

Posted by Alex Chaffee <gu...@edamame.stinky.com>.
No it shouldn't have.  That file didn't change.  Ant can't track
dependencies (( MimeHeaderField.java depends on DateTool.java) that it
hasn't been told about explicitly. This is why you should always do a
build clean after a large update. Build "unclean" is just for use
during a quick change-compile-run-repeat cycle.

 - Alex "Best Practices" Chaffee

Posted by Brill Pappin <jo...@jmonkey.com>.