Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Eoghan Glynn <eo...@iona.com> on 2008/07/17 14:54:50 UTC

Tracking trunk commits blocked wrt to the 2.0.x_fixes branch

Folks,

Does anyone know if svnmerge.py can be used to report on the commits to
trunk that have been "blocked" wrt to merging out to the 2.0.x_fixes branch?

Its sortta like a retrospective "avail" option that I'm after, i.e.
gimme all the commits that were available for merging, but were selected
for blocking.

The idea would be to get a definitive list of potentially
backward-incompatible changes to 2.1 that may cause issues when
upgrading from 2.0.x.

Cheers,
Eoghan

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: Tracking trunk commits blocked wrt to the 2.0.x_fixes branch

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
For the most part, the migration guide covers everything that I've
seen people comment on in the forums.   That's not saying it's 100%
complete, but it's probably a good start.   Feel free to add to it as
you audit the commits.   :-)

Dan

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

RE: Tracking trunk commits blocked wrt to the 2.0.x_fixes branch

Posted by "Johnson, Eric" <Er...@iona.com>.

----------------------------

Posted by Eoghan Glynn <eo...@iona.com>.
Thanks Dan & Freeman,

----------------------------

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

It's all stored as properties on the directory.   Thus:

svn propget svnmerge-blocked .

would give you the list of revisions.   THAT said, the stuff gnodet,
Freeman, and Willem have merged without using svnmerge.py may appear
in that list.

On a related note:  I'm not using subversion 1.5 and the Apache server
is using subversion 1.5.   Thus, we probably could stop using
svnmerge.py and flip over to the tracking support in 1.5.   However,
that would require all the mergers to use subversion 1.5 which I'm not
sure if everyone is ready to do or not.

Dan

On Jul 17, 2008, at 8:54 AM, Eoghan Glynn wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Does anyone know if svnmerge.py can be used to report on the commits
> to trunk that have been "blocked" wrt to merging out to the
> 2.0.x_fixes branch?
>
> Its sortta like a retrospective "avail" option that I'm after, i.e.
> gimme all the commits that were available for merging, but were
> selected for blocking.
>
> The idea would be to get a definitive list of potentially backward-
> incompatible changes to 2.1 that may cause issues when upgrading
> from 2.0.x.
>
> Cheers,
> Eoghan
>

> ----------------------------
> Registered Number: 171387
> Registered Address: The IONA Building, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4,
> Ireland

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: Tracking trunk commits blocked wrt to the 2.0.x_fixes branch

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eoghan,

I guess what  you want is "svnmerge.py avail -B", which will showthe
blocked revision list.

Regards
Freeman